Sunday, January 2, 2011

Pregnancy Bliss

I really do feel like I am on cloud 9 most days! I am so grateful for all the nasty first trimester symptoms to be gone. Now I am only contending with a growing belly. I love my belly!! Ok I have never said that before! I took some belly pics the other day. I feel really good most days. I did have a bit of an emotional melt down this evening before coming to work. I burnt my fingers on some steam and you would have thought it was the end of the world. I got over it.  So I am now 14 weeks and 4 days. I am very much looking forward to our 20 week ultrasound so we can catch another glimpse of this beautiful child growing inside me and so we know if we are having a boy or a girl. That will make planning the rest of the nursery much easier!! I also feel like it will give us a whole new connection with our little one!! Oh and last week Tracy got to hear the heartbeat for the first time! She was super excited. Midwife says everything looks great. Right on track. I do however have to start doing so exercising so that I can prepare my body for labor. We are really hoping to go the the YWCA so that we can get in the pool. I love to swim!! Naturally, I am a Pisces! This week my big plan is to make some cloth diapers. I have final come up with a pattern that I am happy with! 






These are my All in One diapers. They are micro fleece on the inside and have a pocket for an absorbent pad to go in. The outside is made from waterproof PUL. I put snaps on the front to shorten the rise for tiny baby. I am hoping to make 20-30 of this size. Then I can make the others a bit bigger and they should fit for a while. As you can see my sewing is a little shotty but it's a diaper not a prom dress.  

My belly at 13 weeks! Yike
Here is a pic of me and Tracy in front of the crib! This is the crib that has been in the basement for 5 years!! And yes we will be using it!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Thanks for the comments on our birth story!! I know yours will be as perfect as ours was! :)

    ReplyDelete