Wednesday, January 5, 2011

145!!!

Last week I had to take an early 1 hour glucose test because I am over weight and well old... I was not generally worried about the test. I did not eat breakfast that morning and just drank the 50 grams of glucola. Well, I failed the darn test!! Normal is anything below 140 and mine was 145! I was so upset I just started balling!!! It didn't end there. When I got the call I was on my way to the court house to pay a speeding ticket. I had to pay to park and had no cash so I had to walk to the ATM to get some money. When I got to the court house the DA lowered my ticket and said I had to pay it today. I went downstairs to pay...cash only. Walked back to the ATM, just across the street, I took $200 out and walked back to the court house. Pulled the money out, only $120...the ATM screwed me. Walked back across the street and the teller says. "I'm sorry we don't service our own ATM's." Really?? I had to sit and wait on a manager to help us. After a phone call and punching some numbers she handed me the phone, Blah blah blah, we will have your money back in your account in about 2 hours. Ok so it is after 3:00 and the ticket has to be paid by 4:00. Luckily we had $80 in our checking account to pay the ticket. (The automatic draft for the cable bill is another story.) Finally got the damn speeding ticket paid. What a crappy day that was!!
So back to the glucose test... I have to take the 3 hours glucose test. 12 hours of fasting!! Don't they realize I'm pregnant!! Well, I am so committed to getting active. We walked today. I have lost 12 pounds since I got pregnant so I am on the right track. Diet wise, I don't think I eat to terribly bad, but my perception my be skewed. I did a bit of a food inventory in my pantry and there might be some bad stuff in there. Short bread cookies from Christmas. Fig newtons, 3 different kinds of crackers, no fruit left in the fruit bowl, no fresh vegies left in the fridge. (But there is a homemade vegie soup!) I really need to try harder. I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment