Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tuesday August 24, 2010 Ultrasound

First ultrasound of the cycle today. No cysts. YAY!! Started on Clomid. It's old hat now. It used to be so exciting, every step of the way. It has definitely lost it's novelty. I just want this cycle to work. We need to move on with life. OK. I am not setting a very good example. What I really need to do is "enjoy the journey". Every step of the way is part of the process and some day I will look back and wish I could remember what I felt like on "that day". What everyday that is. So how do I feel today. Tired, positive, a little nervous.

I am slightly concerned about my new work schedule. I work as a night shift RN supervisor in a Long Term Care facility. Night shift is not really my shift of choice. I took it for two reasons. #1 I don't ever have to worry about my fertility appointments interfering with work and #2 I always feel like I need to be moving forward. How could I refuse a supervisor position? So my concern...well, I just hope my body doesn't go out of wack being on night shift. So far I feel like I am sleeping pretty well. Some days better than others. I work 12 hour shifts so I only work 3 nights a week. I sleep at night on my nights off. I don't have a hard time switching over, I just stay up a little later than I used too.

Thought for today on baby front. I keep wondering if we are actually going to use the beautiful metal crib we've had in the basement for the past 5 years. (It is safe, I called the company.)

No comments:

Post a Comment