Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Midwife

So it was a no brainer decision for me to see a midwife. I am a nurse and it just makes sense to me. It surprise me how few people choose to go to a midwife. I wanted to have a real person that I can connect with deliver my baby. I didn't feel like I could get to know a OB in 5 minute visits once a month. Then to have him/her just show up in time to catch the baby. I don't know I just feel like I deserve better than that. With a midwife I get a birthing companion. She will see me for a minimum of 30 minutes at each appointment. I can give her MY birth plan and she will respect it. I will get all the same tests and monitoring as an OB. And I will be informed what all the tests are for and be given the option to decline. Why would I have test done to check for birth defects if I have no intention of terminating the pregnancy? And the best part ever is that when I get to the hospital my midwife will be with me until I deliver!! How awesome is that!! It just feels great to know that I will have a great advocate!!
On another note, how am I feeling? Not to bad. Just feel like a sleeping machine!! Getting some of my energy back, slowly but surely.
We have decided to use cloth diapers. And then I decided I would take a shot at making my own fitted cloth diapers. I have made a couple of prototypes. Working out the kinks. There are great resources online. The fabrics also has to be ordered online. I am waiting for some more fabric now to start making some more.
So other than that just hanging out. Hoping to have a change in my work schedule soon so I can come off night shift. I think that would make me feel a lot better!!

No comments:

Post a Comment